Earth's curvature vs. lighthouses

acenci

Re: Earth's curvature vs. lighthouses

this argument for a non-convex earth is accepted by concavers who understand that light is bending upward and being fully convinced earth cannot possibly be flat.

Since I published my impossibilities of a flat earth video, not one single valid argument was made to counter my points about the pole stars, the antarctic midnight sun, the topology, the aesthetics. not one.

The flat earther, along with the convex earther have the disadvantage of believing the lie that light is straight, so the flat earther cannot accurately explain why, according to the laws of perspective, they technically should be able to see across the other side of the "disk" of earth. They have to say that particles in the atmosphere and haze limit the far distant visibility, which it does to an extent, but radar SHOULD be able to penetrate even the densest atmosphere. But since we know that even radar bends upward, we are content in knowing what is going on.

Here's an excerpt from Wild Heretic...
http://www.wildheretic.com/concave-earth-theory/
"The cause of the horizon is NOT due to the shape of the Earth as has already been demonstrated in the above article and by Karol (look up skycentrism videos on Youtube) and by other eye witnesses seeing places on the horizon that they shouldn’t if light travels in a straight line and the earth were convex. The fact that we can see much further than we should (not to mention that lower wave lengths of Em waves e.g. radar can see MUCH further than visible light) demonstrates this fact.

Convex earthers make the same mistake as flat earthers. They think that what they see with their eyes is the truth regarding the true shape of the Earth. Water is always level right? When we look out at the ocean or lake we see a flat plane, so obviously the Earth MUST be flat! Oh wait… ships disappear over the horizon hull first so the Earth must be convex. Hang on a minute. How can it be both? It can’t. So just by using this simple logic we can deduce that what we see with our eyes does not show the Earth’s true shape… and that’s without the experiments or further observations which prove this.

if earth is conclave why not just lay your back down on the deck and look up? since you can see more when you look up instead of claim higher.

Because light bends. I’ll write about this in the next article. It is the reason for the arc of the Sun. Neither the Sun nor the Earth physically revolve around each other in concave earth theory. The Sun revolves around the center and it is the differences of bend of the arcs of sunlight which denotes the Sun’s position in the sky. All will be explained with diagrams in the next article."