Gyroscope is Key to Verifying Rotation and Concavity

Gyroscope is Key to Verifying Rotation and Concavity

Spirit_of_Truth
I commend Steve for his efforts in developing and presenting his concave earth model - it is inspiring and helps direct our attention on various issues surrounding the concave earth hypothesis.  I am quite open to the notion that the surface we live on is concave, particularly on account of the results of the Rectilineator experiment.

I would like to address two issues:

1.  Evidence Pointing to a Spinning Earth:

I am not convinced that the Earth is stationary, as the basis for my belief is the tried and true gyrocompass, a device which has been successfully used on ships for some 100 years. Its principle of operation is based on the "fact" that the Earth spins about an axis passing through the North and South poles. If there were no spin, then it would not be possible for the gyro to align itself in the meridional plane (i.e., toward the North pole). Gyroscope mechanics is straightforward from an engineering & physics standpoint, and it is worthwhile to point out that a gyrocompass would not be able to function (i.e., would be utterly useless) if the Earth were not spinning.

Note: Here, I am using the term "spin" to denote diurnal rotation about the North-South polar axis. (I am completely ignoring the so-called orbital motion around the Sun.)

Having said that, it does not necessarily mean that the Earth is spinning at the rate of 1 turn per 24-hour period. For example, it is possible that the Earth is spinning in one direction at a rate of 0.5 turn per 24-hour period, while the Sun rotates in the opposite direction at the same rate, yielding a relative rotation of 1 rotation every 24 hours. In theory, there are an infinite number of combinations.  As another example, the Earth could be spinning relatively slowly (say 1/24 rotation per day), in which case the Sun would be completing either 23/24 rotations (in the opposite direction of the Earth) or 25/24 rotations (in the same direction of the Earth) per day.

Evidently, the gyrocompass is compelling testimony against a stationary earth hypothesis, and I daresay it will be difficult (if not impossible) to refute in a substantive manner.

2. Proposed Experiment to Verify Earth's Configuration (Concave or Convex)

As far as verification of the concavity hypothesis is concerned, a gyroscope can be used as an independent means of ascertaining concavity or convexity (as the case may be). Please consider the following experiment:

a) Obtain a gyro comprising a motor-driven rotor supported by a single gimbal (ring), with the latter being supported by a pair of trunnions whose mutual axis is perpendicular to the rotor axle.

b) Orientate the gimbal trunnion axis in a horizontal plane, in the east-west direction. In this way, the rotor axle will be constrained to remain in the meridian plane. (A meridian plane passes through the north and south poles.)

c) Power up the gyro motor and allow the gimbal to settle down to an equilibrium position. Once the equilibrium position is reached, observe the orientation of the rotor axle.  THE ROTOR AXLE WILL BE PARALLEL TO THE EARTH'S SPIN AXIS - this is the underlying principle of this experiment.

d) To ascertain whether the Earth is concave or convex, proceed to (i) if the experiment is being performed in the Northern Hemisphere, or (ii) if the experiment is being performed in the Southern Hemisphere:

(i) Northern Hemisphere:  Identify the end of the rotor axle that is situated closer to the North Pole and call it 'N'. If N is pointing upward (toward the sky), then the Earth is convex. Conversely, if N is pointing toward the ground, then the Earth is concave.

(ii) Southern Hemisphere: Identify the end of the rotor axle that is situated closer to the South Pole and call it 'S'. If S is pointing upward (toward the sky), then the Earth is convex. Conversely, if S is pointing toward the ground, then the Earth is concave.

Remarks:
I. Strictly, this experiment would not provide an answer if it were performed on the equator, as the equilibrium orientation of the rotor axle would be horizontal, irrespective of whether the Earth is concave or convex.

II. The gyro must be well-constructed to minimize friction in the pivots/bearings. The rotor speed needs to be rather high (perhaps in the range of 5,000 to 10,000 RPM).  Also, the rotor must have sufficient moment of inertia. The higher the rotor speed and inertia, the higher the turning moment will be generated to overcome friction in the trunnion bearings and allow the gyro to reach its true equilibrium orientation.

The experiment described above would be cheaper, easier and quicker to perform than a modern recreation of the Rectilineator.

Thanks for permitting the opportunity to post these comments.  May the truth be revealed in our time...

Re: Gyroscope is Key to Verifying Rotation and Concavity

wildheretic
I'm not sure the physics of a gyroscope is that well understood at all, especially concerning gravity. I agree that it is understood to a certain level, but not concerning the overall environment in which it is spinning.

For example, it is known that on a weighing scale a spinning gyroscope does not lose weight despite the fluctuations. However, a free-falling clockwise spinning gyroscope does fall at a slower speed than a stationary one or one that spins anti-clockwise. This shows that physic's understanding of gyroscopes is far from complete.

I haven't got all the links right now as it is a few months ago I was studying this topic for part two of the gravity article I was writing.

I'm not sure why it is the Earth that has to move rather than the aether/space/magnetic flow instead which rotates a horizontal gyroscope around the north pole once every 24 hours. In, fact in my already completed, but not yet published, polar satellite article I am relying on that very fact. Isn't it much more likely that (especially in concave Earth) it is the rotating magnetic h-field that not only rotates the Sun, but also a gyroscope? Especially since in my theory the Sun acts just like a precessing gyroscope. Now I think about it, a gyro-compass is further evidence for my thesis. Thank you very much for that.

http://www.wildheretic.com/equinox/#Sun%20precession

So, instead of a vertical gyroscope, the Sun is really a gyroscope on its side. Fabulous. That clears things up a little more.

Here is a link to the gyroscope mechanism at the north pole for easy understanding (has a diagram) for other readers.
http://www.theairlinepilots.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=902

As for the concave Earth experiment using a gyro, that sounds promising. I'll have to read it and understand it properly later when I am less sunstruck.

Re: Gyroscope is Key to Verifying Rotation and Concavity

A spinning earth would produce centrifugal force which would mean objects would vary in weight at different latitudes
 They would weigh more at the equator than at the poles.

As far as gyros in ships, I think the ether wind can be affecting the gyroscope.

Actually, ring laser gyros in planes are taken from the sagnac experiment which proved the ether

There's no better way to show eaerhs curvature than the rectilineator.

Re: Gyroscope is Key to Verifying Rotation and Concavity

wildheretic
Yes, Steve is right about centrifugal force eliminating a spinning Earth in the concave model as weight would be more at the equator, not less.

Re: Gyroscope is Key to Verifying Rotation and Concavity

Welcome, btw, buddy.

Re: Gyroscope is Key to Verifying Rotation and Concavity

Re: Gyroscope is Key to Verifying Rotation and Concavity

IrOnMaN wrote
You can easily dismiss convex surface simply by the horizon problem. Then you have to consider the enormous amount of water that must be curved all around a convex ball.

On the other hand, universal compression inside a concave sphere that curves the water via push and not pool is more plausible to me.
Yep

As you probably know. I do not agree with you that the sun is a gyroscope.

Re: Gyroscope is Key to Verifying Rotation and Concavity

Spirit_of_Truth
It is possible that certain aspects of gyroscopic theory are held back from the general public. The published gyroscopic equations relate TORQUE (moment) as a function of rotations about mutually perpendicular axes. I would not be surprised if there are unpublished gyroscopic equations describing FORCE effects as a function of rotations and translational velocities.

I am open to the notion of a rotating ether. If there is a rotating ether, I do wonder why it was not detected in the Michelson-Morley experiment (or maybe it was and was simply ignored). I realize that the M-M apparatus was designed to detect "ether drift" associated with the Earth's orbital motion around the sun, where the orbital speed (about 18 miles per second) is 4 orders of magnitude slower than the speed of light (186,000 miles per sec). Of course, if the Earth were not orbiting the sun, the M-M experiment would not detect such ether drift.

However, if there is ether rotation about the Earth's polar axis, I would think, at least in principle, that the M-M apparatus would have detected it. Giving M-M the benefit of the doubt, there are a couple of reasons why M-M may not have detected ether rotation around the Earth: 1) As the hypothetical ether speed is 6 orders of magnitude slower than the speed of light, perhaps the apparatus was not sensitive enough, and 2) The ether rotating about the Earth would be a constant phenomenon (whereas the orbit ether drift that M-M were seeking depended on the orientation of the apparatus with respect to the orbital path, which varied with the time of day), and as such, the effect may have been "zeroed out" when the apparatus was calibrated.

It may be of interest to look up the Eotvos effect, which is a gravitational effect related to (so-called) Earth's spin and velocity in the East-West direction. If you were measuring gravitational acceleration with a gravimeter on a craft that is moving Easterly or Westerly, then you must apply an Eotvos correction.

Good luck on your researches...

Re: Gyroscope is Key to Verifying Rotation and Concavity

Spirit_of_Truth
It turns out that objects do vary in weight as a function of latitude. For example, a typical gravitational acceleration formula is given on page 14 of the following pdf document (see equation 6):

http://scintrexltd.com/downloads/GRAVGUID.pdf

If we neglect the last term on the right-hand side of equation (6) and convert Gals to meters/sec, we have:

g = 9.7803 + 0.0519 [sin(theta)]^2    (units: m/s)

where theta is latitude.

So at the north pole, g = 9.83 m/s (note that sin(90 deg) = 1).  At the equator, g = 9.78 m/s (note that sin(0) = 0). In other words, objects weigh less at the equator than at the poles.

Who really knows what the 2nd term (i.e., the sin(theta) squared term) is attributed to?  However, a convex Earther would claim that centrifugal force is a contributory factor, as the centrifugal force associated with Earth's spin has the same characteristic (i.e., is also a function of the sin(theta) squared), however the coefficient is smaller (0.0337 vs 0.0519), so in the convex model there must be other effects.

If the Earth is spinning in the concave model, then as you say, objects would weigh more at the equator than at the poles (ceteris paribus - all else being equal), which is the opposite trend described in equation (6).

To gain more insight, we really ought to have a better handle on gravity. According to some (e.g., Frank Meno), the gravitational constant is related to the ether density.  Your concept of gravity may be along similar lines.

I do believe that ether exists, because in my mind there is no way for light and electromagnetic waves to propagate without some kind of medium. For example, water waves have a liquid medium, acoustic waves have a gas medium, waves in solids have a solid medium, etc.  Also, it is interesting to point out the simple parallel plate capacitor: two planar conductors separated at a distance, i.e., not in contact with each other. And let's assume that the capacitor is sealed in a jar with all air evacuated. How in the world would electrical current be able to traverse the gap if there were no ether?  It seems that a critical thinker can conclude that it could not, while pondering whether so-called "action at a distance" was only ever just mumbo jumbo.

Given our extremely limited access to certain information, instrumentation, funding, etc., I would agree that the rectilineator is the most fool-proof way to demonstrate the curvature of Earth.  If I were Director of Geodetic Survey administration, I would commission several rectilineator tests, distributed across different locations on Earth to ascertain any variations in curvature.

Fascinating stuff...

Re: Gyroscope is Key to Verifying Rotation and Concavity

if there is a difference in weight at the equator vs. the poles. it's probably because the poles are flatter and closer to the center of the concave earth.  There could be a denser pressure at the poles causing object to weigh more. Or maybe there is a magnetic effect happening. Not sure.

there's no spin to the earth.

Re: Gyroscope is Key to Verifying Rotation and Concavity

Re: Gyroscope is Key to Verifying Rotation and Concavity

Spirit_of_Truth
IrOnMaN wrote
Spirit_of_Truth wrote
I am open to the notion of a rotating ether. If there is a rotating ether, I do wonder why it was not detected in the Michelson-Morley experiment (or maybe it was and was simply ignored).
The Michelson-Morley experiment was repeated in 1986 by the us army.

It was mentioned on the 590th page in the "Nature Magazine".

http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v322/n6080/pdf/322590b0.pdf
Thanks for the link. Yet more evidence of ether...

Re: Gyroscope is Key to Verifying Rotation and Concavity

Spirit_of_Truth
Steve wrote
if there is a difference in weight at the equator vs. the poles. it's probably because the poles are flatter and closer to the center of the concave earth.  There could be a denser pressure at the poles causing object to weigh more. Or maybe there is a magnetic effect happening. Not sure.

there's no spin to the earth.
Your ideas regarding the variation of gravitational acceleration with latitude are certainly plausible.

Presupposing that the Earth is stationary, it is conceivable that ether rotation is associated with the rotation of the sun. Perhaps the ether is "dragged" along in the wake of the sun (hydrodynamic effect) or maybe the rotation is induced by some unknown technique used by the Creator.  If the "ethereal fluid" is circulating around the Earth's polar axis, then there should be vorticity in the ether (a well known fluid dynamics concept: vorticity is proportional to rotation). I imagine that the vorticity in the ether is causing the gyrocompass to behave as if the Earth is spinning.

[...]

well i have a theory about the outer metal rind oscillating slightly. did you see this?

Re: Gyroscope is Key to Verifying Rotation and Concavity

Spirit_of_Truth
Thanks for the link to your youtube video, "Auroras in the Concave Earth".  Nice ideas. I like your vacuum tube concept - my thoughts wander to the old radio tubes, like a "triode" (with an anode, cathode and grid). Makes me wonder whether the octahedron is acting as a cathode; perhaps it is oscillating and generating gravity, with the Earth's shell acting as an anode.

Re: Gyroscope is Key to Verifying Rotation and Concavity

wildheretic
Hi Steve. I've been lingering for a while, but Spirit of truth's topic has drawn me in

Just to clarify my position on the Sun gyroscope thing for other readers. I think the Sun isn't an actual horizontally spinning gyroscope, but instead acts like one, i.e. a horizontal axis spinning gyroscope at the poles mimics the Sun rotation in the center of the cavity. That is all.

Anyway, onward with reading this thread.

Re: Gyroscope is Key to Verifying Rotation and Concavity

wildheretic
Already worked out.

http://www.wildheretic.com/gravity-observations-and-theory/

The next step is to go into a bit more detail as to what gravity actually is, at least in terms we can ourselves reference.

I already have a very good idea, but I'll have to wait until a revise all the old stuff first. (It isn't aether vorticity).

Re: Gyroscope is Key to Verifying Rotation and Concavity

wildheretic
Presupposing that the Earth is stationary, it is conceivable that ether rotation is associated with the rotation of the sun. Perhaps the ether is "dragged" along in the wake of the sun (hydrodynamic effect) or maybe the rotation is induced by some unknown technique used by the Creator.  If the "ethereal fluid" is circulating around the Earth's polar axis, then there should be vorticity in the ether (a well known fluid dynamics concept: vorticity is proportional to rotation). I imagine that the vorticity in the ether is causing the gyrocompass to behave as if the Earth is spinning.
That is indeed my theory.

Re: Gyroscope is Key to Verifying Rotation and Concavity

wildheretic wrote
Hi Steve. I've been lingering for a while, but Spirit of truth's topic has drawn me in

Just to clarify my position on the Sun gyroscope thing for other readers. I think the Sun isn't an actual horizontally spinning gyroscope, but instead acts like one, i.e. a horizontal axis spinning gyroscope at the poles mimics the Sun rotation in the center of the cavity. That is all.

Anyway, onward with reading this thread.
And that as you know is our main area of difference. I see the sun as a half sphere (flat, dark back side) and not in the center.

But regardless of that difference, I still see you as a very helpful resource for people waking up to concave earth reality.

Yea I concluded a vorticity to the ether/light when I was figuring out the lunar eclipses, since the moon would enter the darkness funnel during the solstices if there was no deflection of it due to a vorticity movement.

Re: Gyroscope is Key to Verifying Rotation and Concavity

wildheretic
Thanks Steve. Obviously I feel the same about yourself that your research, passion and your diagrams help the theory immensely.

I really like the "holes in the clouds as holes in the glass sky" and  "the Coriolis effect as pressure differential" for example.

Re: Gyroscope is Key to Verifying Rotation and Concavity

Christopher Salter
In spite of all the issues and uncertainties of using a gyroscope to determine rotation or curvature I still see one experiment that should be fool proof. If you move in a straight line in the earth for a long enough distance and have a have a gyroscope with the vertical axis parallel to yourself in a convex world the top of the vertical axis will tilt towards you and if concave it will tilt away from you. There is no getting around this fact. This would need to be done on an airplane because there is no other way to achieve the distance required in a short period of time. To confirm any results doing the experiment in the opposite direction would be a good idea. For example a round trip flight from California to New York, or another one north to south. On a commercial flight who knows if they would allow you to preform the experiment. I am in the process of preforming a less complicated experiment by placing a simple but precise gyroscope on my kitchen table facing east to west to see if it remains fixed or rotates 45 degrees after 3 hours, if it does rotate it will not prove much because as pointed out on this forum it could be the ether and not the rotation of the earth but if it remains fixed it would be an interesting result. I will post my results on this forum. Obviously the most exciting and important experiment is the rectilineator redux, all credit to the leader of the concave movement, Lord Steven Christ.