When did the great flood occur?

Intuitive Concaver
https://youtu.be/OGbUiL1_31Y

I just finished watching this interesting conversation that Steven posted last year.  He mentions the flood occurred 4400 years ago.  Where did you get that date, Steven, from Jonathan Gray?  Jonathan is certain that the flood occurred in the year 2345 BC, and I tend to believe him.

Re: When did the great flood occur?

my good buddy Kent Hovind ;)

This post was updated on .
I just looked up Kent Hovind on wikipedia.  It seems he's getting out of jail soon.  Kent probably got his date for the flood from the archaeologist Jonathan Gray, perhaps through Ron Wyatt, if not Gray himself.  Mr. Wyatt supposedly found the ark of the covenant, and identified the resting place of Noah's ark.  He and Jonathan worked together.  Mr. Gray claims there is more evidence suggesting a global flood occurred 4360 years ago, than there is for any other event in archaeological history.

Re: When did the great flood occur?

Re: When did the great flood occur?

Intuitive Concaver
IrOnMaN wrote
I have watched many videos of Kent Hovind and I believe he got the "date" you mention through thorough study of the Bible. The same way he says that the world is appoximately 6.000 years old.

He is a very smart guy. I hope he gets released real soon.
I read that Mr. Hovind is supposed to be released in August.  Maybe Jonathan Gray got his date through studying the bible too, but I think he also examined archaelogical evidence.  Some people say the flood happened 10-12,000 years ago, or earlier, but I'm pretty well convinced it occurred more recently.  All of the several thousand pyramids located so far, were built in a 400-year period approximately 4000 years ago, shortly after the flood, including the pyramids at Giza and Stonehenge.  Many say they were built earlier though.

Re: When did the great flood occur?

serqet333
Hovind most definitely calculated the date of the flood via the bible.   I believe the Giza pyramids, and the Sphinx were constructed pre flood as evidence would indicate.  The Egyptologist are about as reliable as NASA.  Haven't studied that much about Stone Henge, but I think it too is pre-deluvian.

Re: When did the great flood occur?

Intuitive Concaver
jesusfreq11 wrote
Hovind most definitely calculated the date of the flood via the bible.   I believe the Giza pyramids, and the Sphinx were constructed pre flood as evidence would indicate.  The Egyptologist are about as reliable as NASA.  Haven't studied that much about Stone Henge, but I think it too is pre-deluvian.
Most people believe the Giza pyramids and Stonehenge were built pre-diluvian, but not Jonathan Gray.  He has convinced me they were constructed shortly after the flood.  Jonathan's main website is http://www.beforeus.com.  I highly recommend you sign up for his emails.  Jonathan thinks that two billion people, with technology more advanced than ours, perished in the deluge.

Re: When did the great flood occur?

Was there salt water before the flood?

Intuitive Concaver
I posted this in response to someone suggesting the earth might be expanding.

Intuitive Concaver wrote
I think the earth expanded abruptly during the great flood.  The force of the flood waters falling hundreds of miles must have ripped the continents apart.  The whole process took days, not eons.  Most of the water in earth must have come from the celestial ocean.
I'm wondering if there was any salt water in earth before the flood.  Possibly all of it has come from the celestial sphere.  I also wonder if there is now simply less water in the celestial ocean, or if more water was somehow generated.

Re: Was there salt water before the flood?

Lego Spaceman
Banned User
Dr. Kent Hovind is now out of jail and reunited with his family.

As regards the Great Flood in the days of Noah, the Grand Canyon alone is more than enough geological evidence for that.

Re: When did the great flood occur?

wildheretic
Here is an idea. Because there is no way to accurately date something in archaeology, I looked at a couple of other very loose methods. I believe in the much longer ages of Noah and the gang pre-flood due to the pre-Earth expansion environment. So I thought maybe I could use two data sets.

1. Take the accumulative age reductions of the post-flood era after Noah until our modern lifespans (I think the last age reduction in the bible was 72 years old) and see if we can get a very rough number of years between the flood and the last age reduction.I believe the bible tells us the age of Noah when the flood occurred. I haven't done this yet, so maybe someone on this forum could have a go.

2. Reverse engineer the population figure of today to the point of the last age reduction in the bible. This bit is easier to find on the internet. I haven't done the maths, but someone pointed out that from a population of 6 billion and a steady increase of 2% of the population per year, the first man existed just over 1100 years ago. A 2% increase is an assumption, but I think it is rather conservative considering how the population exploded in the 20th century despite all the wars. Also, this forum poster stated that the Amish population increased much more than 2% per annum and they lived in a pre-industrialized economy (3.6% increase per year over 100 years).
http://breakfornews.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1081&start=90&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=&sid=ce314c7bdc57d9b0db7c0704f49435ce

So what year in human history is it, really ?
My intrigue with historic world population numbers continues.
But I'm going to present a scenario that's a full 180-degree turn from the one I presented in March questioning the 20th century numbers.

This time, I'm going to assume that the publicized 20th century numbers are correct, but the past numbers were shite. Fomenko reasons that historical chronology needs to be shortened...so the "world population estimates" going back to 1 A.D. must be made up as well.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_population

Jerry Fletcher on 2007 March 10 wrote:
Well, it does appear that all the significant action has happened in the last 2000 years.

This graphic makes the point pretty well -

I can certainly understand how this looks a little suspicious, or at the very least, difficult to comprehend.

Here are my assumptions/evidence/reasoning:
1. ASSUMPTION: Human Population Grows EXPONENTIALLY, at a modest rate, say 2%.
As far as recorded, verifiable human history, I think exponential growth is the rule, not the exception.

2. Farming families used to be LARGE right, and even today, technologically underdeveloped nations grow at MUCH HIGHER rates than highly industrialized cultures...so in the past, people generally married and had children at earlier ages.

3. LESS BIRTH CONTROL IN THE PAST.

4. Assumption that past rates of infant mortality were not ridiculousy high. The mainstream reasoning of "linear" growth in the past was high infant mortality rates. But how come the nations with the "high infant mortality" rates today have MUCH higher population growth rates? PSYOP! Also, read this snippet about The Farm's midwifery record (The Farm in Tennessee was featured in an audio by Fintan):
Quote:
The Farm midwives stress that women's bodies do, in fact, work. Most cesareans are not necessary. Farm midwives delivered 183 babies before their first cesarean. With almost 2,000 births under their belt now, their cesarean rate is only 1.7%. This compares to a national rate of over 24%. Farm midwives are also on the cutting edge of midwifery research. One technique they learned from Mayan midwives in Guatemala, for instance, has been written up in medical journals and is now incorporated into family physician training. The technique, for delivering breech presentations or babies with shoulders stuck behind the pelvic bone simply involves rolling and twisting the mother. The baby then "pops right out."

Mainstream doctors, on the other hand, opt for a cesarean in such cases. In a study of 59 such cases, two babies died and four had permanent neurological damage, three women had their pubic bones cut and two had emergency hysterectomies, and five babies ended up with arms that will never work. The Farm midwives, by contrast, delivered 40 babies using the Mayan technique without a single complication. The Maya claim they learned the procedure from God.
http://www.thefarm.org/general/hightime.html

5. Example of a culture with limited technology's growth rate in North America: THE AMISH.
The Amish population in 100 years grew to be 30 times the initial population in 1900.
Quote:
Extinct in their European homeland, the Amish have flourished in North America in the 20th century. From a meager band of 5,000 at the beginning of the century, they exceed 150,000 adults and children today. The Lancaster settlement with less than 500 persons in 1900 has already passed the 19,000 mark. In many areas of life, the Amish cling to traditional ways -- shunning electricity, cars, and higher education.
.....The Amish do not actively evangelize or proselytize.
A high birth rate feeds Amish growth. Women typically give birth to seven children. Following the toll of death and disease, the number of children averages 6.6 per family. The rejection of birth control and the use of modern medicines have boosted Amish birth rates. Large families are typical in rural societies where children are welcomed for their labor. Family size typically shrinks as families leave the farm. It remains to be seen if the Amish birth rate will slump as they leave their plows to work in small cottage industries.
http://www.goodbooks.com/excerptpage.asp?ISBN=1561480010

6. ASSUMPTION: Deaths from War, Famine, & Disease are similar to 20th century.

7. I think I read somewhere that Organic Food Production could yield as much food as Big Agribusiness...but agribusiness hides this fact.

HERE'S THE MATH.

Formula from http://www.arachnoid.com/lutusp/populati.html

Quote:
These equations can be used to calculate population growth rates.

The variables used are:

pp (present population) = The population at the beginning of the calculation.
fp (future population) = The population after a certain number of years (yrs).
pct (percentage) = The percentage increase in population per period, usually per year. (In population studies, this is usually taken to mean births minus deaths.)
yrs (years) = The number of years required to effect a certain growth in population.

YEARS= [ln (future population/present population) ] / [ ln (1 + percentage growth rate) ]

= [ln (6,000,000,000)] / ln (1 +.02)
= 22.5 / .0198
= ONLY 1136 YEARS FROM "ADAM"

Using 1.0 % as the growth rate, YEARS = 2261 Years From "Adam"
Using 1.5 % as the growth rate, YEARS = 1607 Years From "Adam"
Using 3.0 % as the growth rate, YEARS = 762 Years From "Adam"

And this is going back to one person. Obviously due to the different races around the Earth there were more than two people at the start of the post-flood period - there must have been several Noah's and their friends saved around the globe; either that or the other races came from outside the Earth after the flood. Either way, the numbers still stand.

I'd probably put the flood around 1500+ years ago. Not long ago at all. But i haven't looked at the first data set properly.

I wouldn't even be surprised if 0 AD was the start of the post-flood modern period rather than JC's birth.

I read an article about geneticists claiming that there were only 700 original Europeans at the start. So maybe 3000 to 5000 around the world if we extend this worldwide. This makes the time even shorter by a few generations.

1000 years ago is also not completely out of the question if the figure is say more Amish like at 3% with a 5000 pop starting figure... say 600 years plus another 4 to 500 for the extended lifespan reductions?

Also worth mentioning that not all races may have appeared after the flood at the same time. Who is to say (just as an example) that native Americans and Chinese people emerged out of the Earth say 5 or 600 years ago and bred like the Amish? I say out of the Earth as that is where the Hopi ( I think I member that correctly) say they came from.

So the flood occurred sometime from 1000 to 2000 years ago.

WH

TITAN-X
  The evolution destroyer but does he know about CER.

Re: When did the great flood occur?

Re: When did the great flood occur?

i confronted him twice. once in 2003 and once in 2004. i actually yelled at him during the q & a time. stunned the whole crowd. i told him he was grieving the holy spirit. i told him there was glass in the sky, quoting jeremiah 5: 21-22 and psalm 104:9.

I do believe his prison sentence was divine punishment.

Please try to get him to watch my rect. documentary.