Where is the ISS in that fakery?

Re: Where is the ISS in that fakery?

dani
Haha!  Some lovely animations from inside a computer...using data from ground based radar weather readings??

Re: Where is the ISS in that fakery?

Re: Where is the ISS in that fakery?

This video (here just a pic) is possible to take with a possible distance about 70km

Then you have this one composite from Google Earth

Then add the motion of the video in correct place and same scale.

Then, composite the rest with more clouds (some clouds maybe real too)
I thought that could be already possible in real time composite video.
But, they say it is already possible yo have a pic each 10 minutes. Congratulations.

In following pic, some clouds are composite without care (some are the same in obvious copy_paste)

Primalredemption
Wait, am I mistaken- are they trying to pass that CGI image off as real?

Re: Where is the ISS in that fakery?

Re: Where is the ISS in that fakery?

Re: Where is the ISS in that fakery?

TITAN-X
NASA fail again  Finding 2 cloud formations exactly alike would be like finding 2 snowflakes exactly alike. It's so extremely unlikely, in fact, that even if you looked at every snow flake ever made you would not find any exact duplicates.

Re: Where is the ISS in that fakery?

wildheretic
This post was updated on .
Satellites don't take "photographs". They feed the light through mirror telescopes one area at a time which the ultra sensitive radiometer picks up at those designated wavelengths.

Geostationary weather satellites capture each area by rotating the optical mirror of the telescope. These areas are then put together to form the "full disk" image that the satellite sends to Earth. GOES takes about 25 minutes to do this.
http://www.wildheretic.com/geostationary-satellites/#Geostationary%20weather%20satellites

The Advanced Himawari Imager on the Himawari-8 weather satellite collates the areas every 10 minutes (faster than the old GOES satellites), uses more bands (16), and has a higher resolution (500+m).

 In each 10-minute period, the AHI will scan the Full Disk once, the Japan Area and Target Area four times, and the two Landmark Areas twenty times.
http://www.data.jma.go.jp/mscweb/en/himawari89/space_segment/spsg_ahi.html

and

Scanning technique: Mechanical, 3-axis stabilized satellite, E-W continuous, S-N stepping.
https://directory.eoportal.org/web/eoportal/satellite-missions/h/himawari-8-9

The old Himawari satellites (2,3,4 and 5) were to said to spin East to West at 100 rpm and their optical mirror moved up 0.008 degrees from south to north with each revolution.

The VISSR senses radiation and produces images of Earth and its atmosphere one scan line at a time, similar to the way television images are generated. About 2500 scan mirror steps or line scans are required to make a full image of the portion of Earth's disk as seen by the satellite. With its specially designed optical telescope and detectors, the VISSR obtains a complete 20° by 20° scan, produces an image of the full Earth disk every 25 minutes, and transmits that image back to Earth as weather facsimile pictures, showing different portions of the hemisphere.
http://space.skyrocket.de/doc_sdat/gms-2.htm

The NY times article is misleading. The image is not a series of photos taken every ten minutes like the click of a digital camera, i.e. a series of snap shots. Each image you see is a "true color" composite:
http://www.jma.go.jp/jma/jma-eng/satellite/news/himawari89/20141218_himawari8_first_images.html
http://goes.gsfc.nasa.gov/text/geonews.html

These areas (swaths) are taken and collated within 10 minutes and then each collation (disk) is put in series throughout the 24-hour period which is what the NY times article is showing.

WH

Re: Where is the ISS in that fakery?

wildheretic
In a concave Earth, the disk is the horizon range of the satellite sensors (mostly due to altitude and sensor sensitivity, although the "lens hood" is probably the culprit here) which is about 18,000 km. They can't see the poles or a lot of the arctic/antarctic circle as their range isn't far enough.

I have these geo weather satellites attached to their payload fairing which sits on the glass. In the above Japanese satellite's case, the AHI (imager) spins or rotates at 100 rpm within the fairing with its optical mirror moving south to north.

WH

Re: Where is the ISS in that fakery?

Re: Where is the ISS in that fakery?

Re: Where is the ISS in that fakery?

Ahhh so very interesting. The same cloud formations copy pasted. Wow I believe they have the same team of animators working behind all these projects. And they are lazy. Check out an article I did on Disney's "Frozen" having tons of subliminal images:

http://www.criticalawakening.com/Articles/Disneysfrozensubliminals.html

If you scroll down a little you will see the "ghost" face and hooded figures being copy+pasted many times in the background. I pretty much proved it's all intentional.