diameter or circumference of the concave earth

diameter or circumference of the concave earth

mathieu kool
Hi there.
Can anyone tell me what the approximate diameter or circumference of the concave earth would be? It doesn't have to be precise.  I'm just curious, for I'm planning on a levelling experiment since I believe the earth does not have a noticable curve, round or concave. Thanks in advance.

Re: diameter or circumference of the concave earth

About 12700km, of course. Same than what we learn in schools about the convex one.
The diference is that the center of the diameter is upside your head, and not downside. Good luck for any experiment. Share it, Always wellcome.

Re: diameter or circumference of the concave earth

Ozymandias
I understand the Rectilineator put the circumference at 25,000 Miles.

Re: diameter or circumference of the concave earth

Yes, the same than in convex one

Re: diameter or circumference of the concave earth

mathieu kool
I suppose it would be a constant rotundity? So any measured flatness of the earth would be impossible?

Re: diameter or circumference of the concave earth

Any measurement is always possible. That is not the question.
Just look the stars in south direction in two diferent locations in south hemisphere (Argentina and Australia, for example)...Compare the stars you see...Then compare rotation of stars (clockwise) all night with rotation of stars of north hemisphere...
Those measurements might be enough.

Re: diameter or circumference of the concave earth

mathieu kool
I fond that (Sigma Octantis and Polaris) a hard topic for myself as well.

But my question was not concerned constellations.

Any scientific measured flatness of the concave earth would still be impossible right?

Re: diameter or circumference of the concave earth

Primalredemption
Depends where on the Earth you are measuring. Wouldn't say it's impossible but typically land like dry deserts will be precisely concave

Re: diameter or circumference of the concave earth

mathieu kool
Why is that?
You mean like the long planes in the US? And the strechted out places like deserts?
How would you know? Did they examine that? and why not other land mass?

Re: diameter or circumference of the concave earth

Primalredemption
They contour to the surface of the ocean that once was there which is concave

Re: diameter or circumference of the concave earth

mathieu kool
You mean that the've  established concavity with measuring  stretched out sea level?