domain name

acenci

Re: domain name

DarkSharkD
Administrator
thank you for this suggestion. Though it sounds cheap. I will need to look into how to do this if it is through nabble or the like.. I used bluehost for a while.. they were around 80$ or so for the year. So, yea 3$ but likely an recurring fee.. I will look into it.. the more serious things become the more likely it is to have a domain name i think.

Re: domain name

Big Cave
The forum url is rather long and difficult to remember, unless you've it bookmarked in your browser or you click through from the blogspot website.

You can use a url shortener to shorten it, like this: http://shortz.ga/concaveforum

Of course it would be nice to have a dedicated domain, instead of using a 301 re-direct, as most url shorteners are using 301 re-direct.

Nabble allows own domain, but you got to point the DNS to the Nabble server: http://x6.nabble.com/help/Answer.jtp?id=51

You're still not hosting the forum. Nabble is but the domain can be yours, pretty much like Blogspot, where you can have your own domain instead of using blogspot, but google is still hosting the blog.

Re: domain name

acenci

Re: domain name

acenci

Re: domain name

acenci

Re: domain name

acenci wrote
Good news. Finally the banners both came through.

Here's the one for Concave Earth:

Only two impressions for ours yet. But I will take a snapshot later.
He's getting angry with me. He called me a shill.

Re: domain name

acenci

Re: domain name

DarkSharkD