on frustrating Flat Earth forums

acenci

Re: on frustrating Flat Earth forums

acenci wrote
I became a flat earther on February 14th, after watching Eric Duba's documentary, The Flat Earth Conspiracy Documentary.

Pretty quickly, I found out that I could not talk about flat earth to anyone, because people didn't reply to my emails, or stopped talking to me (when in person).

So I started looking for forums.

The first forum I found was this:
http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum

Endless ridiculing of flat earthers there, so much that it doesn't even seem a flat earth forum. After writing 200 messages on it, I left. My opinion is that any flat earther who spends longer than a month on that forum is a masochist.

Then I spent one week on this forum:
http://forum.tfes.org

The situation is much better, because people at least don't get disrespected, but there, too, there is too much joking. Actually it is mostly joking. The majority of posts are actually focused on joking around. It is quite unbelievable that they call themselves the "Flat Earth Society".

Then Eric Dubay created his forum and I immediately joined it:
http://ifers.boards.net

Everything was perfect for a month. I enjoyed it because it was serious and it allowed freedom of speech, and people were respectful, too. I made a few good friends there. I promoted that forum everywhere for a month, on Facebook and YouTube, and I even defended Eric Dubay everywhere he was attacked. I wrote 500 thoughtful posts on that forum.

Then, one day, after I stated for the umpteenth time that we had no proof nor certainty that Mark Sargent was a "shill", as Eric Dubay kept saying, he accused me of being a NASA agent, working for Mark Sargent and banned me, without any warning:
http://ifers.boards.net/thread/41/interview-mark-sargent?page=14&scrollTo=1952

A few hours earlier, I had also been suddenly accused, by newly registered members (who are still at IFERS, verbally abusing everyone), of being a Jesuit agent and a Zionist agent.

In the same two weeks, another 20 active members were banned with the same motivations (Jesuits, Zionists, NASA, "religious zealots", etc.), so we all gathered at a new forum, Serendipitous, and wrote about our disappointing experiences with Eric Dubay:
http://serendipitous.boards.net/thread/8/freshly-banned

My conclusion is that in this field, conspiracy theories, and even more flat earth, there are many people who do not behave properly, politely, respectfully, fairly... basically you come to these forums to look for comfort and support and you end up being even more frustrated.

The same is happening, incredibly, at our new forum, although to a lesser degree, precisely for the same reason: we are not the most relaxed, easygoing, mentally balanced people. I hope I don't do it, too, but the present situation is that we don't have that mutual respect I had hoped for. We just have freedom of speech, but that was also present at the two Flat Earth Society forums. So I am wondering, what did we create a new forum for?

I am very disappointed by these two and a half months spent online at Flat Earth forums. It was also a very interesting experience though. With many concepts comparable to politics, which I also know a little bit.

As an outside observer of Concave Earthers, I have listened to all your Concave Earth Sessions, and wrote my notes here:
http://serendipitous.boards.net/thread/96/concave-earth-sessions

From what I have heard at your Sessions, all of Steve's fans and colleagues are extremely polite, respectful, patient, basically quite different from the average situation I found at flat earth forums.

Whereas I could say that half of flat earthers are like you are, and the other half is very unpleasant, about Concave Earthers so far I can say that they are all pleasant.

I don't know Steve well, but he doesn't seem as dictatorial as Eric Dubay, although hey, at this point, I am not expecting any famous conspiracy theorist to be as nice as they initially seem, after the Eric Dubay experience, a person who seemed very nice, whom I admired, and who turned out to be quite despicable for many aspects (although he still has qualities).

So I hope this forum, thanks to Steve and his colleagues and fans, will be an exception on the "Flat-Concave Earth" scene. However, I suspect that you are so balanced and respectful because you are so few, and that once this theory will become popular, it will attract the frustrated unpleasant people I have met on flat earth forums.
acenci, We skyped once and I think you could tell that I am a cordial polite person for the most part. I do get provoked by people who insult and ridicule me, however. Of which you have never done. My recommendation for you is to look at the heart of the issue in determining the conduct of flat earthers vs. concavers, and see where the Spirit of God resides.

Good luck!

Re: on frustrating Flat Earth forums

acenci

Re: on frustrating Flat Earth forums

dani
Hi Acenci

Just give Steven some respect and that is exactly what you'll get back...that's what I've seen since being around him and following him for half a year now.  If I didn't see a solid friendly side to Steven, I wouldn't  engage with him!

... Anyway welcome :)

Dani

Re: on frustrating Flat Earth forums

acenci

Re: on frustrating Flat Earth forums

DarkSharkD
Nice to see you here Acenci! Welcome. I agree with you politeness is out the window when there are people who think they know everything. Inquiry gets ridiculed and distorted. It is a tough task to reach others online for sure.

things happen for reasons, acenci.
like i said before, start researching concave earth and cease striving with them.

Re: on frustrating Flat Earth forums

dani
This post was updated on .
Sorry, I have to say this... those avatars used by that forum look funny... like some kind of a kids forum :)